Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Natallya's hat

Just a small post for now... little crafty update (: Unfortunately this project is full of unknowns!

Finished this hat as a very very late birthday present for my friend Natallya. She requested "something pretty for her hair" or maybe a hat, so I made a hat...

I don't know what this yarn is made of. My aunt bought it for me at a sale, and the seller claimed it was cashmere. There was no ball band but it came in a plastic bag of 10. I'm not so sure about it being cashmere because it was too cheap, but it's still nice and soft! I did a burn test and I think it's a natural/ synthetic blend - the annoying thing about burn tests is that they are not very reliable.

This hat is part knit and part crochet... the knitted body gives elasticity, fit and drape, while the crocheted brim is firmer and sturdier. I haven't got a pattern for this as I made it up as I went along and was in a bit of a hurry to finish it - I don't even remember the size of the needle I used. Oh well.

Hopefully this hat is not too warm to be worn in the Singapore climate!

Sorry the work-in-progress shots are not well-taken and the lighting is a bit rubbish...




No comments: